Now aint that the true!! We are gripped by fear and dismay. Extreme weather, the middle east crises, moral decay, economic collapse, riots, wars, debt, inflation, famine, strange noises in the skies, scandals; you name it, somewhere in the world is going through it!
But one problem that seems to hit us all in the face, is our continued loss of freedoms, not just here in America, but worldwide. This problem has been slowly creeping in over the ages and today we have lost more freedoms than we realize. People are getting poorer while our governments are growing stronger.
In their 2012 assessment, Freedom House (an organization that monitors freedom around the world) stated that of the 197 countries assessed, a total of 63 (or 32%) were rated free, 70 (or 36%) were rated partly free, and 64 (or 32%) were rated not free at all.
In other words 32% of the population live in a free country, at least for now, while the other 68% are either not free or partially free. That’s more than half the population who have lost their freedoms: freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom to assemble. These kinds of things. We can’t take our freedom for granted anymore, especially here in America, and although we may be classified as a ‘free country,’ most of us here are aware that we are losing our freedoms daily. Let me just give you a few examples…
- The Federal Government has become the nation’s single largest employer (In other words, more power to the government and less to free enterprise… Government takeover).
- Taxes on everything! They already take money out of our paychecks, yet we are taxed again on pretty much anything else we buy!
- Many of our manufacturing jobs have been leaving the country since the 1980’s. Meaning, less jobs and less income for us Americans. In fact the average income for the middle income family has gone down.
- Our massive debt. At some point, we’ll have to ‘pay up’ to our debtors.
- Capitalism and the US Constitution have become targets for attack, rather than things that have kept our country together all these years.
- The definition for ‘domestic terrorist’ is extremely broad—- “The term `domestic terrorism’ means activities that– involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the US or of any State. If they appear to be intended–to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.” [HR. 3162,Sec. 802, (a)(5)(B)(ii)]
- Christians and Veterans are classified as potential terrorists.
- We’ve lost our privacy: Google, facebook, cell phone tracking, ID cards, need I say more?
- Government now has access to all of our personal data (see video).
- Drones in the skies, military vehicles and personal periodically roam the streets, and some cities have spying street lights.
- Gun ownership rights slowly taken away.
- Fema Camps, RX-84 Centers
- 68% of our national parks and preserves are under the UN Administration.
- Government mandated health care.
- Socialistic views from the Obama Administration
- Patriot act – Warrantless searches.
- The U.S. Government can jail its residents and citizens indefinitely without charge and without a public trial (NDAA). (see video)
- Executive Orders being issued by our Presidents, in which they sidestep congress and do as they please! This is a huge sign of tyranny.
Now, I could go on and on, but I think you get the point–the more government control, the less freedoms we people have. But what makes me most angry is that the average American citizen is complacent, and either doesn’t care or doesn’t comprehend what is happening to our nation, but luckily some of us do! Lets continue to keep our freedoms, while we still have them!